So, this is something totally new to me, so thank you to Ivana at Diary of Difference for the introduction and nomination. Much appreciated! If you haven’t already, go over and give her blog a much deserved read.
What is the mystery blogger award?
Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– OKOTO ENIGMA (Creator of the Mystery Blogger Award)
- Put the award logo and image on your blog.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to the creator’s blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about myself…
- I studied dance, drama and performing arts from the age of 4 up until about the time I was 23. I absolutely loved dancing but I quickly realised that I loved it as a hobby rather than a career and chose a different path.
- I currently drive an average of 700 miles per week. Boring fact, but it’s such a huge time eater for me. I spend more time in my car than I do in my living room which is a huge blow. About 500 miles are associated to work and the remaining are miles I travel to see my beloved who lives in Wales. Aside from my private little game of “beat the sat nav arrival time” it does mean I get a whole lot of audio book and podcast listening time which I very much enjoy!
- I’m soon to be an immigrant. I may be exaggerating a teeny tiny bit, but technically I will be moving country. I currently live in England but plan to move to Wales in the near future. My partner is a born and bred Valleys boy and I’ll be joining him and his 2 gorgeous children in what he calls “God’s country”. The. grand future plan is to buy a gorgeous remote property to renovate so I can create perfect reading nooks and have lots and lots of outdoor space!
Questions I was asked…
What was the last book you DNF?
The last book I shelved was The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton. I don’t know if this technically counts as a DNF as I didn’t shelve because I wasn’t enjoying it, I shelved because it just wasn’t the right time for this book and I. I will pick it up again, but probably in the winter when I can snuggle on the sofa under a blanket.
Paperback, E-book or Audiobook, and why?
GOOD question. I have to be a cop out and say all. I love audiobooks but only because I drive so much. I don’t listen to them anywhere but in the car, so if I ever end up travelling less, audiobooks will probably end for me. I often go back and forth between paperbacks/hardbacks and e-books. I like the convenience of e-books and they satisfy my impatience, however after I while I miss the feel of a real book and the page turning.
What are three things in the world you can’t live without?
My man, my music and a good read!
Who is your favourite fictional character?
Wow. That’s a difficult question and I honestly don’t think I have an answer. Maybe I’m fickle. I fall in love with so many characters in book, however I think my head is turned as soon as I find the next one.
What is the first book you remember reading in your childhood?
I’m not sure I remember one book in particular, but I do remember devouring the whole Point Romance series, shortly followed by Point Horror. I loved them so much. Once I had read them all once, I went through them all again, but got the audio cassette tape too. I’d sit and listen on my Sony Walkman whilst following along with the book hahahaha.
I choose to nominate;
Questions for my nominees…
- If you could only read one book genre for the rest of your days, what would it be, and why?
- What would your friends say is the best thing about you?
- What would be your ultimate location and scenario for reading a good book?
- If you were a biscuit, which one would you be, and why?
- What is your method for choosing books for your TBR list?
My best posts…
And that’s a wrap! I’ve really enjoyed writing this blog post. It’s not often I get time anymore to sit down and write anything other than review posts.
Thanks for the nomination Ivana and I look forward to reading posts from my nominees!